Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday 30th - Finally have satellite TV

A red-letter day today. I rang Ets Cordomi to see if they could get a man out to adjust our satellite dish, and magically he could come this afternoon, and he did.

In the morning we went for another good swim at the municipal pool. I did 40 lengths, I think a record distance for me. Karen of course did more, but I don’t really need to say that. At half past 3, M. Cordomi’s man turned up, and off he went onto the roof. He thinks the problem is the big plane trees around Place des Neuf Jets which get in front of the dish, but he did adjust it to get the best signal possible.  Back down to our receiver, and it sort of looked promising with ITV appearing for the first time but not BBC which was our main requirement.

Back to the roof for him, but I reset the sat box, and there popped up 8 or 10 BBC Olympic channels. Woohoo! So we now have 100 or so channels, of which a few are decent and most not worth watching. Not all receive well, so we still may have to move the dish along the building a bit (which is possible) if we find they are not good enough. We have ITV1 & 2, BBC 1 & 2, CNN, Sky News, a bunch of other channels, an old movie channel or two and not a lot more. However, we now have 8 or so BBC Olympic channels, broadcasting in that unusual language… English. So we are pretty pleased.