A morning run, quite early as we were heading into AG Motors
to get the rear light put on the scooter. This went well, but to get the carb
cleaned (it sometimes splutters at idle) and the temperature gauge reconnected it
had to be booked in for next week. However they did replace the button on my
helmet that holds the visor on – the original is somewhere between here and
Quillan on the road – no charge. After the light was fixed, we went to Castorama
where we found just the curtains we wanted for the wardrobe and the bathroom.
So a good day so far.
We bought chicken rolls at Auchan – this turned out to be a
nasty mistake. I began to get a horrible headache as we arrived home, which
rapidly degenerated into a real head-splitter and nausea. Before too long, my
lunch was heading out to sea and I was very miserable. It took until late evening
until my head was vaguely comfortable. Every time I thought I would try a sip
of water it was violently rejected, so I gave up trying.
This evening was the Olympic Opening Ceremony. As usual a
real spectacle and in our opinion rather good, though we felt the homage to
British music went on and on a bit. I was too knackered to watch the latter
part, but Karen bravely stayed up to watch to midnight until NZ came into the
stadium.