Market day again – they are coming round so fast. Only one
left now before we go L.
We met Madam Delard from opposite, and found that Wednesday is the Festival of
the Assumption – the 2rd biggest religious holiday of the year after Easter and
Xmas. That threw a cat among the pigeons, as it would be sensible for us to be
here to see what goes on, so we will now start our Spanish trip tomorrow
instead of Monday.
The shower foaming went better today. We had a hose to
extend the foam reach, and after stuffing in pieces of brick and ceramic, the
foam was able to do a half-decent job of filling in under part of the shower tray.
Not perfect, but better than before. Having done under the tray, I could now
start to fill in the hole in the floor next to it to be level. This went well,
but the bag of mortar proved insufficient for the whole job. Just as well...
![]() |
| Ooops! |
Having finished the bag of mortar I cleaned up and noticed a little
bright patch in the shower tray. Odd, there didn’t seem to be any light
reflecting on it, and I then realised I had sealed in the good head torch I’d been
using – still switched on! Thankfully with the aid of a wire coat hanger and a
small amount of destruction of my new work, I was able to retrieve it.
Sitting at Bar Pablo in the afternoon we realised that the
travellers at this time of year are quite different. There are many families
about with young children. Karen has been reading that French children are to
be seen and not heard, and that really is the case. They are quite unlike Kiwi
kids, sitting quietly at the tables with a fizzy orange or lemonade while their
parents talk. The only major noise is the odd baby.
Wally and Ellen came round for apero at 6pm…. and stayed until 9:45! Had a most enjoyable time
discussing all sorts of things – travel, the French, expats, books and more. We
are going to miss our various new friends when we come back to NZ. Being other
than New Zealanders gives them a different and refreshing viewpoint on life
which we have found interesting.
.jpg)
.jpg)